Hardwood floor installation cost concerns primarily the owners of houses, apartments and commercial premises. If you’ve never had a hardwood floor in your house or apartment and want to install it soon, I’m sure you have a lot of other questions whose answers can be found on our website.
Before you make a final decision on installing flooring, you will need specialists/experts who can help you plan the work and get you acquainted with the entire process – from material selection to its installation.
As shown, the majority of customers (especially those who are installing flooring for the first time) can decide what they wish, by choosing only the color of the material. They are poorly versed in the types/kinds of flooring, types of wood and know virtually nothing known about the advantages and disadvantages of leveling. Also, many people have no idea about the how procedure works or hardwood floor installation techniques. This knowledge would greatly improve the overall upgrade in the house and reduce the cost on of it.
Learn Your Hardwood Floor Installation Cost
To plan your budget, I suggest the owners prepare for the process of installing hardwood floor thoroughly. First of all you need to find a highly professional specialist (only one!), which guides you in all the details of work. This will give you comfort and confidence in what you’re going to do. The floor, which you install in your house or apartment, will serve you for at least 25 years!
Of course, you can get this advice in the stores that sell hardwood material. Just be aware that not every seller has an experience in hardwood flooring installation. His advice may differ from the actual operations of a professional installer. What is the exact information you can get in the store about hardwood floor installation cost? This is the cost of materials.
The Importance of hardwood floor installation cost
The question of how much the floor installation costs is very important. Typically, when customers make their own list of expenses they count just the cost of material, as well as the cost of installation job. Homeowners who decide to install a hardwood for the first time, miss many important details: parquet accessories – moldings, baseboards, plan and configuration of the house (apartment), and the most omitted part – leveling.
Before you install your flooring, the professional floor installer whom you hire will help you decide on the design, material, discount wood flooring, equipment installation and other important floor moments, as well as give you a complete calculation of the work beforehand. As a general rule, expert advice is free of charge. The same expert will tell and show you some of the shortcomings of your house/apartment, which can be hidden by leveling and properly select an installation method.
I can not say how much your hardwood floor installation will cost, since you are not only in different cities and countries where the price for each type of work varies. Nevertheless, we can say what specific points you need to make a list of expenses. These are:
– Cleaning of the old flooring in the place where you want to install a new one. This means cleaning carpet, vinyl, tile, and cleaning the old hardwood, if for some reason it does not suit you. Usually this work is estimated per square foot.
– The cost of the hardwood. Note that you need to buy 10% more material than needed, since this is the percentage of area lost during the cutting of the material.
– Accessory cost. For accessories we include transitions, moldings, and baseboards. Their evaluation is a line of foot. The majority of moldings and transitions are sold as a natural wood (without coating) and your floor installer should find a special stain and varnish for them. This work is also worth the money!
– Installing hardwood flooring on the stairs of your home, you need pre-made treads and risers for it or you can ask your floor installers to make them from the same material, which will be installed throughout the house/apartment. The cost of work is estimated at one step. Also you have to include the cost of nosings for stairs (estimated at one s foot line), which usually also require painting and varnishing.
– Leveling. Leveling – it is the unpredictable cost of the work. No one, even the best expert can not estimate the cost of your leveling until he sees what is under the old coating. Therefore, to define a spending plan for the floor installation, safely multiply the amount to purchase hardwood in two. If the leveling will cost you less, you will be relieved. And, of course, it is hard to know that you have to invest a large amount of money in something that will never be seen on the surface.
However, now you know the main points of your expenses. I just want to notice: find out all details of how much your hardwood floor installation cost reading one article is not much.
You Might Also Like: